Course Name: MEF SD-WAN Training
Certification Name: MEF-SDCP SD-WAN Certified Professional
This course is MEF’s SDCP certification oriented program. At a high level, the course includes the basic concepts of SDN, NFV and SD-WAN and how these concepts are interrelated in the modern network architecture. In addition, the course discusses the various concepts such as SD-WAN services, its components, application flow and security etc as defined by MEF 70, the only global SD-WAN standards.
The course also provides hands-on exercises on creating OpenFlow switches & controlling them using centralized controller using MiniNet. These exercises help participants to understand the concepts well and their usage in their job.
For more details about MEF SDCP certification, please visit: https://wiki.mef.net/display/CESG/Blueprint%3A+MEF-SDCP+SD-WAN+Certified+Professional+Exam
High Level Course Contents
- Module 1: SDN Fundamentals
- Unit 1.1 Introductio to Software Defined network-SDN
- Unit 1.2: SDN Architecture and Ecosystem
- Module 2: NFV Overview
- Unit 2.1: Introduction to Network Function Virtualization – NFV
- Module 3: SD-WAN Fundamentals
- Unit 3.1: Introduction to SD-WAN
- Unit 3.2: SD-WAN & Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF)
- Unit 3.3: SD-WAN Service Described
- Unit 3.4: Dynamic Traffic Management in SD-WAN
- Unit 3.5: MEF 70 – SD-WAN Standards, SD-WAN Service Framework, Components and Attributes
- Unit 3.6: SD-WAN Solution Architecture (MEF SD-WAN Architecture)
- Unit 3.7: Security in SD-WAN Solution
- Unit 3.8: SD-WAN Use Cases
- Unit 3.9: Migration to SD-WAN – Assessing, Planning & Designing
- Unit 3.10: SD-WAN Operation – Configuration, Fault & Performance Management in SD-WAN
- Global recognition of your vendor-neutral MEF SD-WAN standards (MEF 70) certification knowledge, and the upward trajectory of your career path as industry stakeholders develop, deliver and consume new generations of dynamic services across automated networks.
- Alignment of your knowledge and competencies with MEF 3.0, as this global services framework gains momentum supported by major operators and technology providers alike.
- A direct connection to the global MEF Community having 200+ member companies and 6000+ certified professionals in 85 countries